The mission work of the First Presbyterian Church is not only carried out by our congregation as a whole, it is also carried out through the work and generosity of our individual members. The McCormick Tutoring Program is an example of this type of mission. The program benefits students in the GCMS school system.
It continues to be supported by the Gibson Area Hospital, The Funk Foundation, by offerings from the congregation, and by members serving on the program Committee. For more information on the program, please contact Sarah Meyer, Program Director using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
McCormick Program Facts
- This program offers two 40 minute one-to-one sessions a week of academic assistance to students who receive no other extra help in a specific area.
- Students learn how to make good choices and develop a positive attitude toward their education.
- Enrolled students are encouraged to be polite, respectful, cooperative and interested in improving his/her grades in subjects in which they are struggling academically.
- Students make a commitment to work!
- There are eight slots available in the elementary building and nine in the junior high building.
Please use this form to receive more information on the McCormick Tutoring Program